2012-08-06

Mango Millefeuilles (Napoleons)

When it came to Karin's birthday, I asked her if I could make her a birthday cake with her beloved puppy RoyRoy's face, she kindly approved my idea, because I thought she didnt want anyone to cut Roy's face. It was actually quite challenging to make a puppy face! I tried to make it by cookie dough and choux pastry, unfortunately both cracked because of the large surface (for a 14inch oblong cake). I moved onto puff pastry, happily it worked!


Cherie Kelly's Mango Millefeuilles (Napoleons) with puppy RoyRoy's face
Cherie Kelly's Mango Millefeuilles (Napoleons) with puppy RoyRoy's face




Assembling the layers:Cherie Kelly's Mango Millefeuilles (Napoleons) with puppy RoyRoy's face



and most importantly, Karin and Clement are very happy to see and taste the cake! :-D they didnt even cut the pastry with RoyRoy's face on it, they took it home in one piece to show Roy